Review: A Seaside Christmas by Sherryl Woods


A Seaside Christmas
A Seaside Christmas by Sherryl Woods

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I am so happy to be reunited with the O'Brien's, especially for Christmas. Sherryl Woods brought back my favorite characters and I was able to get a glimpse on what has happened since the last time I visited Chesapeake Shores. Jenny and Caleb story is a second chance story, forgiving and forgetting. I liked that Sherryl didn't spend too much time elaborating on Caleb's cheating, but more on his learning from life's lessons, without stumbling and suffering we would never learn from our mistakes or learn how to move on.

As I was reading this book, it became clear to me that every reader has a different experience of a story and a different interpretation; this is what makes reading so interesting. An author provides a story and each of us can take a different meaning to how the story goes. I say this because I am not finding Jenny's and Caleb's character to be that flawed, not anymore than I would find a character in another book. These "flaws" give depth to the character, give them a realistic human element. I find that first impressions of a character can make or break you relating to them.

I also find that I need to switch up my genres to give a book its justice, if I read too many historical romances in a row, I start losing interest . so I read some paranormal romance, then western romance it helps clear my head...
For those reading our reviews, don't let our words determine if you pick the book up



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.