In the Spotlight ~ Wolf Majick

Hi everyone.  Today's "In the Spotlight" Delia from Wolf Majick  is stopping by to answer some questions. She mostly reads sci-fi and urban fantasy style novels but enjoy thrillers and historical fiction as well. She is also a huge sci-fi tv fan and can't miss Doctor Who or Torchwood.

Welcome Delia!! Thank you for stopping by.



When and how did you decide to become a book blogger?
I started blogging officially in January. I had been on Goodreads since last summer and noticed a lot of people who were pretty active had blogs. I figured it would be a fun way to get my opinions out there
So far, what’s the hardest part of being a book blogger?

For me the hardest part is picking the books to post about. I prefer to only share books that I give a 3 or above star rating. If I read something that I feel deserves less than that I will usually email the review directly to the author.

What do you do when you are not blogging?
I work full time as a photographer and when I am not at work I am home with my 3 year old son and our 5 horses, 2 goats, and tons of chickens.

How many followers do you have? How often do you post to your blog? How can people follow you?
I have over 1200 followers on Twitter, 50+ on GFC, and 40+ on facebook. I try to post 3 days per week, sometimes more if I have a tour that week , or see a great deal on Amazon that I want to share. You can find me at my blog or on twitter at @wolfmajick and on facebook.

Which book genres do you typically read?  Which ones won't you read?  
I focus on Urban Fantasy and paranormal romance. I also enjoy the occasional thriller. I try to stay away from tear jerkers if at all possible.

I like your blog name, tell us how you came up with "Wolf Majick".
Its funny actually. I have had my email WolfMajick for years. It is actually the combination of my old farm name and the name of the farms Stallion (dad to one of my current horses) since I read a lot of Urban Fantasy I thought it was the perfect name. My banner (two wolves) was actually made by a friend of mine and to make the wolves have a more werewolf feel she used my eyes and my sons eyes. I think it came out pretty amazing.

Who are your three favorite authors?
 Patricia Briggs- Dean Koontz - Jack London

Which author would you most like to meet (dead or alive)?  Tell us more..
George R R Martins, but only if he'd tell me who Jon Snow's mom is and maybe his dad too… 

How big is your TBR pile?  How many books do you read/review in a month?
Huge, And I'm adding to it every day. On average I read a book every 3 days. When I'm reading YA it may be more like 3 or 4 a week. so maybe 12 or more a month.

Finally, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
Say Cheese

On a Personal Note
As a reviewer I enjoy reading indy books. Authors are welcome to contact me via email or on my blog if they are looking for an honest review. As I said before if I feel the book has major issues I will contact the author and let them know. On a personal level I am partial to werewolves and other supernatural creatures especially when the author takes the time to craft them a believable world. Even though I have had horses most of my life I don't tend to pick up books focused on real animals. I like a little fantasy when I read!


Are you interested in being featured "In the Spotlight"? Please stop by and fill on contact form.


3 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm not a reader of SiFi or Urban Fantasy but I have to say, what a beautiful banner you have on your blog !! I have such a great admiration for all bloggers .... it's always very interesting to see why somebody decides to start one.
What a lovely photo with you and your two horses, I envy you that ! bonne continuation ....

Wolfmajick said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Kat I just wanted to say thank you for having my blog featured today :) I also wanted to say thanks to BlackTulip for such a wonderful comment! Blogging is a labor of love and its so nice to be appreciated.

Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥ said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for wanting to take part of "In the Spotlight", I had a great time and best of luck....

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.