If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton #2) by Shana Galen

If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton #2)
by Shana Galen
Publish Date: March 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN:1402269765 (ISBN13: 9781402269769)

review courtesy of netgally



Her Mysterious Past Is The Best Revenge . . .

Fallon, the Marchioness of Mystery, is a celebrated courtesan with her finger on the pulse of high society. She’s adored by men, hated by their wives. No one knows anything about her past, and she plans to keep it that way.

Only He Can Offer Her A Dazzling Future . . .

Warrick Fitzhugh will do anything to protect his compatriots in the Foreign Office, including seduce Fallon, who he thinks can lead him to the deadliest crime lord in London. He knows he’s putting his life on the line  .

To Warrick’s shock, Fallon is not who he thinks she is, and the secrets she’s keeping are exactly what make her his heart’s desire .

My Thoughts:
Just finished this one today, I started it two days ago and couldn't put it down...
This is the second in the series, in my opinion it is a stand alone although there is a mystery that began in the first book and carries over to this one, the author provided just enough substance that you don't feel lost. I love the gown on the cover, I was waiting to see where in the book she wears this stunning gown and OMG, it was just the perfect setting... **hush* *zip* my lips are sealed.

Lately, most of my recent romance reads have involved some suspense, espionage, murder and kidnapping.. Hmm, I wonder what the means ??  This is far more than a historical romance, the author takes you on a suspense journey- from dark allies to brothels to elegant balls...

The nickname Fallon fits her perfectly, "Mystery", a past she has put behind her only for it to come back to haunt her.. And haunting is exactly what our hero, Warrick faces every night in his dreams...

I was intrigued on how Shana introduced a hero with some internal demons which carries him away to a past that he can't quite escape until Fallon comes into his life. The author's depiction of Warrick's PTSD was moving, the realistic reliving of the war scenes and the death that he kept having in his nightmares was chilling. Unless you walked in the boots of a solider, you could not  fathom what they suffered through. Bravo to Shana Galen for  bringing these stress disorder to light to her readers.

Shana gave us just a tease about what we may expect from the last of the Three Diamonds, Lily. I won't say anymore but once again, not everything/everyone is what it appears to be... I am anxiously awaiting....

My Rating:

Order This Today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.