The Recruit (Highland Guard #6) by Monica McCarty

The Recruit (Highland Guard #6)
by Monica McCarty
Expected publication: October 30th 2012 by Ballantine Books
ISBN 0345528417 (ISBN13: 9780345528414)


Scotland’s King Robert the Bruce is retaking his kingdom from the invading English. To win, he’ll need all the grit and courage of his elite band of warriors, the Highland Guard, men who fight without fear and love without limits.

Fiery, aggressive, and bold, Kenneth Sutherland is a true champion—skilled with any weapon and driven to win. Now Kenneth is ready for his great.

My Thoughts:  
Oh My!!!   You know I drool over Highlanders, and this book made my mouth water!!  What an action packed story this was.  This is the 6th in the series, many of you can pick this book up and not have to read the previous books, but for me, this series has so much background and information in each book that I am glad I have read each one.  Monica does provides plenty of background but why miss out on the other 5 sexy hot highlanders... I say read them all!!

Mary, has had on heck of a life and still she stands strong and determined to protect all that she loves. When we first meet Mary she is widowed, her sister is thought to be killed in an explosion and her young son is taken away to be fostered in an English household.  Honestly, I am not sure if I was faced with all this will I have the willpower to go on, but not Mary, she definitely should be every young girl's hero.  When faced with odds, pick up and go on!!

Kenneth, he is determined to be one of the chosen, one of the few that can be part of the "Highland Guard". He has to win a series of tournaments and out best the best.  He fails the first go round, but in the end, his determination and skill gets him in. I wasn't sure what Monica had in store for Kenneth, I didn't know what to expect for Kenneth, and it was more than I could have hoped.  Seeing the trepidatious relationship between him and the Magnus grow and each one earning the others respect was right one. The bonding between Kenneth and Mary's son was heartwarming.

I love Monica's writing style, she gets you invested right from the start.  Another must read for Highland lovers.

My Rating
  



Get your Copy Today!













1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I totally and completely fell in love with this series.. just by reading this book! It was just an awesome adventure.. and after discovering the Recruit I had to track down the entire series and just fall in love over and over again.

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.