In the Spotlight ~ Forget the TV, Grab A Book


Another week has gone by and it is time for another feature of "In the Spotlight", where I invite a fellow blogger over to answer a few questions. Today we are being joined by Berenice of  from Forget the TV, Grab A Book.

Berenice, thanks so much for going us today.

When and how did you decide to become a book blogger?
I became a blogger in August 2011. After San Diego's Comic-Con I ended up with a bunch of books and I wanted to do something with them, then I stumbled into some book-blogs and thought “hey I can do that” so I started reading and soon enough I did my first book post on August 8th, by the way this all happened fast, on the 7th I stumbled into the book-blogs, opened the blog and did my first post, because I know that if I over thought it the blog would not be here today.

So far, what’s the hardest part of being a book blogger?
Well its in between getting everything organized between my book blogging time and everything not book related in my life.



What do you do when you are not blogging?
I take french classes, work, read, go to the movies, hang out with friends and when I need a little escape I just drive with good music by my side.

How many followers do you have? How often do you post to your blog? I have a total of 79 lovely followers at the moment and I try to do 6 to 7 book reviews per month.

You have a catchy name for your blog, tell us how you came up with the name, Forget about TV, Grab a Book.
I was discussing probable names for the blog with a friend, he suggested “books from SDCC”, there where also mussing of a book geek. But then he said man if you are going to be reading that much you wont be able to watch your favorite tv series, and yeah that was the thought that brought “Forget About TV, Grab a Book” as the winning name for the blog.

Who are your three favorite authors?
In no particular order:

I love Kevin Hearne he put a twist in urban fantasy and made it his own.

Jane Austen, yes I'm a sucker for an Austen book.

Frank Beddor who's book The Looking Glass Wars I can read over and over again, but I still have to read the other two parts of the trilogy.

Which author would you most like to meet (dead or alive)? Tell us more..
Right now I would love to chat with Kevin Hearne I'm just so in love with his books that I would like to know the guy behind the awesome druid and wicked talking dog, see who he really is and maybe a glance of what inspires him to write his amazing stories.

How big is your TBR pile? How many books do you read/review in a month?
Pff TBR for the year is about 40 books long that I own and want to read, books that before the blog I said I will read you but for some reason I didn't, in a month I try to do 8 books from the TBR pile a couple from the ones I own, a few I got from the people of Netgalley and a tour or two.

Finally, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
“The girl that was never good with titles” or maybe “Musing of a reading berry ”

On A Personal Note:
Hi people from the interwebs I'm Lil Berry a berry that is interested in reading, music, coffee and a good T.V. Series from time to time. I run this blog named “Forget About TV, Grab a Book” trying to get the word out there that maybe by switching your re-runs of old series by a new book you haven't read you could discover this awesome universe or story and get lost in it in a way that re-runs could never compare to.

Are you interested in being featured "In the Spotlight", stop by and fill out the contact form.

6 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Another very interesting interview here and and let me say that I LOVE the name of your blog, Forget the TV, Grab A Book, which is such a very good advice ....
And just for you Berenice : (french classes ... )
Savez vous que votre prenom, Berenice, est une magnifique tragedie en vers, de Racine, un dramaturge et poete francais du XVIIe siecle ?

I have always loved that name !

Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥ said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for stopping by BT, I am learning so much from different bloggers.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice to meet ya. I love your blog name! I am an Austen fan too. As always thanks for these great posts Kat :)

Cordelia Dinsmore said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post, Lil Berry. And I agree, your blog title is delicious.

lil berry said... Best Blogger Tips

BlackTulip: ohhhh très intéressant, je ne le savais pas! (p.s. sorry for any misspelling or any gramar crimes)
Kimba88: I'm glad you liked the blog name and soo happy to stumble into another Austen fan :D
Cordelia Dinsmore: thank you very much :)
Kat: Thank you for hosting me "In the spotlight"

Nyasha said... Best Blogger Tips

A great blog post and interview!

This probably doesn't relate much to your site but I wonder if you can do a feature post on the site, ReadWave?

I would be very grateful if you could get back to me on my blog (the link is there if you click my name) or by email: submissions@readwave.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.