Animal Attraction (Animal #2) by Jill Shalvis

Animal Attraction (Animal #2)
by Jill Shalvis

Summary:

Jade Bennett couldn't be happier to escape her past for the quiet ranching town of Sunshine, Idaho. Plus, there's nothing like working for veterinarian Dell Connelly. And though Dell has no intention of settling down, Jade's strength and sass are enticements no red-blooded male can resist.


My thoughts:
To simply say I loved this book is an understatement. Jill Shalvis knocks this one out of the park. (for you avid baseball fans- the World Series wrapped up last night). We return to Sunshine, Idaho.  Even the name makes you feel warm and happy. This is the second in the Animal series.

Our hero, Dell is the perfect alpha male, he's strong, dark and brutally handsome. Dell doesn't let many get too close to him, why would he?  He has a long history of those around him abandoning him. As a small child, his mother left him, his father died, and then he gets carted around from one foster family to the next. He has the typical commitment phobia.  It was the attachment that he avoided, that would take trust and blind faith accessing parts of him that he didn’t allow himself to access.

Our heroine, Jade, has inner demons of her own. Eighteen months ago she was attacked and instead of facing her fears, she ran away. She ended up in Sunshine and into Del's life. She is only there temporarily, no need letting anyone get close to her and know her hidden fears.  I couldn't help but chuckle over her compulsive disorder of having a spreadsheet for everything, she sounded a little like me.
The sexual tension building between the two of them was so hot I couldn't hold my Kindle for too long. LOL!!  When they finally acted on their feelings, I felt the hot, passion sizzling through my hands.   It was romantic and tearful when they finally put down their guards to “let each other in”.

The reader was given a sneak peak into Adam’s and Sam’s life, both characters are worthy of their own story. I love that Jill not only delivers a hot romantic storyline but she also tackles some very tough issues.

“You asked why I’m here,” he said against her lips. “It’s because you’re a part of my life, you’re a part of me, Jade, the most important part, actually, and have been since the day you walked into Sunshine.”

How, could I review this without mentioning the menagerie of animals throughout the story, many of them taking center stage: Peanut, the parrot, Gertie, the St Bernard and Bones, the abandoned kitten.

Just when you think you found your favorite Jill Shalvis book, you read another of her great books.  What about you, which one of her works is your all time favorite?


My Rating: 
                
Author:
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Jill Shalvis is the author of over four dozen romance novels, so you’d think she knew what she was doing. She doesn’t. But stick around and visit, she likes the company. Visit her website for a complete book list and daily blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.