Today, I am participating in the What She Wants book tour. Sheila Roberts is stopping by and answering "Top Ten Things Women Are Looking For in A Man". Maybe you have found your one and only or maybe you are still searching for your soul mate. Check out what inquiring minds are asking.... Oh and don't forget to scroll down this post, you will find a Giveaway and the rest of the tour stops. Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. Enjoy!
What do women want anyway? It can be confusing for men. But it’s not all that confusing for us. At least I don’t think it is. There’s a reason so many of us love our romance heroes. It’s because they’ve got the qualities we want in a man.
Just to make sure I know what I’m talking about I took a little poll on my Facebook Like page. And yep, I was right. We’re not all that hard to please. Here are the top ten things we seem to want in a man.
1. He’s gotta be alive. I know vampires and zombies are hot these days, but when it comes right down to it, we’d rather have someone a little more... normal.
2. Caring. Don’t we all want a man who is caring and kind? And is there anything sexier than a big, strong man, holding a puppy or a kitten? Oh, I know what’s sexier. It’s a big, strong man holding a baby. Oh, yeah. How about a big strong man holding us when we need to cry? Just what Dr. Phil ordered!
3. A sense of humor. We love having a man who will laugh with us. (Not necessarily at us, guys. See item number two!)
4. Looks. What can we say? A six pack is a bigger turn-on than a beer belly.
5. Intelligence. Hey, we’re smart. We need someone who can keep up.
6. Reliable. He said he’ll be there at six and he is. He promised to make it back from his trip in time for your daughter’s piano recital and he does. The man who is reliable is a true treasure.
7. Honest. Yes, we all want a man we can trust to be honest with us. Well, maybe not when we ask if those jeans make us look fat. (See item number two. I mean, there’s honest and then there’s brutally honest.)
8. Family man. Kids and women usually go together. We appreciate it when guys get the connection.
9. Loyal. He’s on your side. Always. He’ll stand by you no matter what.
10. The ability to flirt ... with you. Not other women!
The best romances (whether in books or real life) have heroes that get this. So, to those of us who are still looking for their perfect man, don’t give up. He’s out there. For those of us who’ve found one, here’s to our men. God bless ‘em!
Sheila Roberts lives on a lake in the Pacific Northwest. She’s happily married and has three children. She’s been writing since 1989, but she did lots of things before settling in to her writing career, including owning a singing telegram company and playing in a band. Her band days are over, but she still enjoys writing songs. When she’s not speaking to women’s groups or at conferences or hanging out with her girlfriends she can be found writing about those things near and dear to women’s hearts: family, friends, and chocolate.
April 1: Andi’s Book Reviews
April 2: Teena in Toronto Review only
April 3: Coffee and A Book Anytime
April 4: Books à la Mode
April 8: Forever Book Lover
April 9: It’s Raining Books
April 10: Reading Reality
April 11: Rachel Brimble Romance
April 12: Long and Short Reviews Review only
April 13: Harlequin Junkie
April 15: Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance
April 16: Once Upon A Book
April 17: Books and Other Spells
April 18: A Chick Who Reads
April 18: Kaisy Daisy’s Corner Review only
April 19: Tiffany Talks Books Review only
April 22: Flirting With Romance
April 22: STOP 2 Queen of All She Reads
April 23: Jersey Girl Book Reviews
April 24: Three chicks and their books Review only
April 25: Harlie’s Books
April 26: TBQ’s Book Palace