The Chieftain by Margaret Mallory

The Chieftain (Return of the Highlanders #4)
by Margaret Mallory
Published: February 26th 2013 by Forever
ISBN:0446583111 (ISBN13: 9780446583114)

review courtesy of Author and Publisher




Four fearless warriors return to the Highlands to claim their lands and legacies. But all their trials on the battlefield can't prepare them for their greatest challenge yet: winning the hearts of four willful Scottish beauties.

A Warrior's Heart
Connor, chieftain of the MacDonalds of Sleat, holds the fate of his people in his hands. Rival clans are plotting to take over his lands, and duty determines whom he will fight, trust . . . even marry. Seeking guidance, Connor turns to Ilysa, a young lass with the gift of foresight, who reveals an approaching danger-and a passion that burns only for him. But the warrior must make a powerful marriage alliance, and Ilysa's bloodline is far too humble.

With her powers to heal and see evil where others cannot, beautiful Ilysa dresses plainly, speaks softly, and loves her chieftain from afar. Yet when Connor finally stokes the embers of desire that have so long burned within her, Ilysa feels bliss unlike any she's ever known. Now as he is forced to place duty before happiness, Ilysa senses Connor is in grave peril. Can she find a way to prove she is the woman he needs by his side?
My Thoughts
I couldn't think of a better ending to the series, than The Chieftain. For those of us who are who followed this lovely series, both Connor and Ilysa have been popping up in each book. And I for one couldn't have been happier that Connor finally realizes that Ilysa is his soul mate, although I could have hit a frying pan over his head if he took any longer..  LOL

Behind every Chieftain is the perfect lass....

In this final book, the author brings us into the mind of Connor where we learn about his mother and her untimely death. We also learn more about the relationship he had with his father. Connor wasn't the next in line to be Chieftain, but regardless he will do whatever it takes to keep his clan safe and prospering.  Even if that means getting married for the good of his clan, letting true love and happiness take a back seat.  Sometimes you don't have to look to far to find your true love... Open your eyes and your heart and you may find they were right in front of your eyes all the time.

This was a fast paced, easy read.. I am not going to go scene by scene not even the smallest remarks on what  transpires in the book, nope, you have to read this one... it was worth waiting for... and I can only hope that Ms Mallory quickly pens another book, even a series so I can read her wonderful work again.

"I love ye with all my heart." "Your're part of me, and I am part of you. We are two halves of one whole"
"I pledge my sword, my body and my heart... .... You are everything I ever longed for and every woman I will ever need."

Until we read again, Ms. Mallory.... for those who love those men in kilts and those women who know what's best even if they don't.  Have Fun Reading..

My Rating


Pick you your copy today!!


return of the highlanders
Book 1: THE GUARDIAN
Available Now!
the guardian
THE GUARDIAN
ISBN 13 : 978-0-446-57516-4
Book 2: THE SINNER
Available Now!
the sinner
THE SINNER
ISBN 13 : 978-0-446-58310-7
Book 3: THE WARRIOR
Available Now!
the warrior
THE WARRIOR
ISBN 13 : 978-0-446-58309-1

Book 4: THE CHIEFTAIN
Feb 26, 2013
Margaret Mallory's The Chieftain
THE CHIEFTAIN
ISBN 13 : 978-0-446-58311-4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.