The Bridegroom Wore Plaid by Grace Burrowes

The Bridegroom Wore Plaid (MacGregor Trilogy #1)
by Grace Burrowes
Published December 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN1402268661 (ISBN13: 9781402268663)

review courtesy of netGalley

His Family or His Heart -- One of Them Will Be Betrayed...

Ian MacGregor is wooing a woman who's wrong for him in every way. As the new Earl of Balfour, though, he must marry an English heiress to repair the family fortunes.

But in his intended's penniless chaperone, Augusta, Ian is finding everything he's ever wanted in a wife.

My Thoughts:
I stumbled across this book when I saw a fellow blogger post a review.  How could I go wrong with mixing my love of Scottish man and the romance of English ladies.  I like the freshness of the storyline, Ian MacGregor will set aside his own needs for his family's survival, even if it means marrying a woman he doesn't love and one that doesn't love him.

It was a quick read for me although there were several characters to keep track of.   I did wish that the storyline for both Julia, Matthew and Genie  were played out more. I would have like to see more of their past revealed and see their romance blossom and played out more, possibly two novellas giving each one their own spotlight. Don't get me wrong, I loved the romancing undertone the author gave us with the pairing, but I would like to have seen more of the development and read more of their interaction.

I would have to say that Augusta was my fav character throughout the story. I loved her spunk, her open honesty, and caring ways. I enjoyed how the author lets the reader into the head of the Uncle, normally a reader doesn't get first hand knowledge of what a villain is plotting or thinking. Readers will love to hate him.

The storyline had a mixture of mystery, murder, deception and best of all Romance. As this is the first in a series, the author has me wondering who is next in this trilogy.....

Funniest scene..
"Don't shoo me away, Augusta Merrick.... I have questions for you..."
"Is it necessary that you be naked to interview me, Ian?"
"No.".... "But I would dearly like to be."
My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.