When You Give a Duke a Diamond (Jewels of the Ton #1) by Shana Galen

When You Give a Duke a Diamond (Jewels of the Ton #1)
by Shana Galen
Published September 4th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN 1402269730 (ISBN13: 9781402269738)

He had a perfectly orderly life...
William, the sixth Duke of Pelham, enjoys his punctual, securely structured life. Orderly and predictable—that's the way he likes it. But he's in the public eye, and the scandal sheets will make up anything to sell papers. When the gossip papers link him to Juliette, one of the most beautiful and celebrated courtesans in London, chaos doesn't begin to describe what happens next...
Until she came along...
Juliette is nicknamed the Duchess of Dalliance and has the cream of the nobility at her beck and call. It's disruptive to have the duke who is  the biggest catch on the Marriage Mart scaring her other suitors away. Then she discovers William's darkest secret and decides what he needs in his life is the kind of excitement only she can provide...

My Thoughts:
I will tell you the truth, I was hesitant in reading this book, I just didn't think I was going to bond with the heroine, I mean really, how could the lead character be a courtesan ??  So I put this one off a bit, then I found myself with a little free time between author commitments and I thought I would give this book a try. I have read Shana Galen's previous work and loved it, so maybe, just maybe this one would work for me..

Well first thing I learned is not everything that is on the surface is the true picture of a person. I was happy to find that Juliet, and yes what a wonderful name for our wayward hero, is not a ill repute courtesan, she is a woman like any other that has been abused  and hiding from her past, she is looking for that one love, the special love that completes her.

Our hero, well he is so squeaky clean and orderly  that you can set your watch to him.  Wait, that is just how he runs his life, everything down to the minute or his day is out of sorts.  So imagine Juliet who lives by no rules meeting "Will" by the book.  What you are in for is a wonderful banter between the two and sizzling love scenes that scorch the pages. 

I enjoyed that the author gave us a mystery to solve as well  along with the wonderful romance. I was heartbroken as each of them revealed their past sorrows on the last of their dogs, I would have loved to see, at the end, they found a stray looking for love.

I can't wait to read the stories of the other two "jewels", I can tell right now I won't wait to read them when they are released.  And one last note,  I absolutely love the cover!!

My Rating:
            



3 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said... Best Blogger Tips

I was hesitant for the same reasons..LOL I am delighted you liked this..and am adding back to my wishlist :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review Kat, It's been a while since I read a Regency novel ... I'll have to begin a wishlist too ^_^

Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥ said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for stopping by Kim and Black Tulip. It was a different read from many of the historical romances I have been reading lately. I took me a bit to warm up to heroine, but never judge a "book by it's cover". :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.