In the Spotlight ~ Cheerful Book Reviews

Hi Everyone!  Welcome to my feature "In The Spotlight", this is where you will meet new bloggers. Today we are joined by Karen, her blog is Cheerful Book Reviews.

I know I love your comments and I am sure Karen would like to have your feedback.

Welcome Karen!

When and how did you decide to become a book blogger?
Well, I’ve always been really into reading and so about a year ago I realized that people actually had blogs where they would review books and such. Anywho, then I noticed everybody had a ‘goodreads’ account and that’s when I discovered goodreads :D  So I joined and everybody was so nice and I’ve been contemplating making a blog for a while but kept putting it off, so I just finally decided to jump into it. (:

So far, what’s the hardest part of being a book blogger?
Uhh, I guess keeping up with all the books I have to review, and how to review them. Sometimes when I’m posting a review it takes me forever because I feel like I left something out, or said too much.
What do you do when you are not blogging?

I’m probably either reading, watching Family Feud, True Blood, or Teen Wolf, or hanging with my friends~!
How many followers do you have? How often do you post to your blog?

Right now, I currently have 130+ followers. Well, right now since I’m pretty new I usually post once a day - Reviews or memes. I hope for in the future, a few times a week.

You have a catchy name for your blog, tell us how you came up with the name,  Cheerful Book Reviews?

Weeeeelllll, I don’t have any super amazing story about how I got it unfortunately. D: My username for usually everything is ‘cheerfulbuttons’ Yeah, I don’t know where I came up with that.. so when I was trying to figure out a blog name I just replaced buttons with reviews. :D

What genre do you read, can you tell us what is it about the genre that grabs your interest?

I am a huge hopeless romantic, so anything that has to do with romance! I’m such a sucker for it. D: I just love reading about two people falling in love, it’s so adorable! I also really like paranormal, I honestly don’t know why I like this one so much- maybe because of the darkness that usually comes with it. Other genres I read would be Urban Fantasy, Contemporary, and Dystopian.

Who are your three favorite authors?

Richelle Mead - hands down. I just adore her so much, Vampire Academy stole my heart, but Bloodlines? Holy crap.. Adrian <3 (I also met her at a book signing, and she is just the sweetest thing.)

Sarah Dessen - I’ve read every single one of her books and loved them all. I always get super excited when I see she’s writing a new book. :D

The last one is a hard one.. :( I have so many! Okay I have a tie for third, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Chloe Neill, and Karen Marie Moning~ (I’m sorry, I just couldn’t pick 3!)
Which author would you most like to meet (dead or alive)? Tell us more..

Oh gosh, well I would love to meet Edgar Allan Poe (I know, he’s a poet.. does that still count?) I just love all of his work, and I’m so curious about him. I would also really love to meet Sarah Dessen!
How big is your TBR pile? How many books do you read/review in a month?

Ahh my TBR list is huge, but I usually try to read 15+ books in a month, and review maybe 10?
Finally, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?

Oh gosh, this is a hard one! Umm, (here comes the unoriginal thoughts pouring in. ;_; ) Karen’s ... Cheerful.. Biography ?! :D

On A Personal Note

My name is Karen, I’m sixteen years old and a junior in high school. I was born and raised in hicktown, Kentucky. :D (Just kiddin’. I’m from the city parts. :D) I’ve had a huge passion for reading ever since I was a little girl and I still love it today! (Obviously.) Umm, I have two babies (dogs), Lily who is a Lab/Shep mix and Colie who is a yorkie~ & I’m always up for making new friends so don’t be afraid to message me/add me on goodreads. (:


twitter : @cheerfulbuttons 

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Hiii Kat! Wee, thanks for the interview & being 'In the Spotlight'~<3! The questions were a lot of fun to answer. C:

Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥ said... Best Blogger Tips

I had a great time. Thanks!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.