Silent Vows (MacCoinnich Time Travel Trilogy #2) by Catherine Bybee

Silent Vows (MacCoinnich Time Travel Trilogy #2)
by Catherine Bybee
Publisher:  The Wild Rose Press
Published September 3rd 2010
ISBN 1601548117 (ISBN13: 9781601548115)

Myra, a medieval virgin druidess, flees five hundred years into the future to escape death at the hands of a cursed witch and lands in the arms of a handsome but cynical twenty-first century cop. Officer Todd Blakely knows Myra is hiding something, but can't resist her innocent charms. Destiny throws them both into a world of intrigue and mysticism. Can Todd be the true white knight she needs? Or will magic and the winds of time tear them apart?

My thoughts:
Here is another wonderful book in the MacCoinnich Time Travel Trilogy, this time Myra is spotlighted.  In the last book, we were left with a cliffhanger... Myra travels back in time to hide from the evil witch, Grainna. Myra is given instructions from her new sister in law Tara on how to act when she arrives.  She has some explaining to do as she literally lands in the middle of a locked amusement park, but Myra claims amnesia. Officer Todd Blakely knows there is more to the story  and plans to keep near Myra. Danger and intrigue follow the pair. When faced with the truth Todd is skeptical of the time traveling Myra.

Myra tracks down Lizzie, Tara's sister from the first book "Binding Vows". Lizzie helps Myra travel back to her awaiting family. When the time comes for Myra to return, she takes with her Lizzie, Simon (Lizzie's son) along with Todd.  The romance for Todd and Myra simmers in the present time and ignites in the past. Catherine Bybee did a great job building up the intense fire between the two characters and wrote some sizzling love scenes.  This book is a page turner and like the other books in the series, I hardly put it down.

Have I told you I just LOVE this series!!!  If you love time travel, steamy romance, a bit of paranormal, and my beloved Highlanders, it is a must read!!  Be sure to read them in correct order, while I read Highland Shifter first before this trilogy, this series would be best read in the  order!

Once again Catherine Bybee left you wanting more.....the next book and final book in the trilogy is Redeeming Vows.  I actually have it waiting on my Kindle to begin reading...

My Rating:
                    

2 comments:

Catherine Bybee said... Best Blogger Tips

If I had to pick, I'd say that these two characters grew the most in order to find their HEA in this series. Thanks for the review. I'm so pleased you're enjoying the series.

Liz and Fin are sure to 'warm' your blood as well.

Happy Reading.

Tyraa said... Best Blogger Tips

Highlanders, steamy romance with a tad of paranormal? Sounds like my kinda book

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.