In the Spotlight ~ Possession of Books

What a busy week for me, but I wasn't going to miss out on this week's featured of "In the Spotlight".  Today Alex from Possession of Books is joining us.   Here's a little bit about Alex... I am in awe of his following GFC count ~338,  when he answered my Q & A he was at 155 and that was just the last month.  Wow, that wonderful!!   Alex mainly focuses on reviewing Young Adult novels..  


Alex,  welcome to Forever Book Lover....


It is quite rare finding a male blogger, when and how did you decide to become a book blogger?
Really? That’s sad to hear as there definitely should be more male book bloggers out there! I started my blog on the 19th of April of this year, so well not that long ago although in the short time I have been blogging I am thoroughly enjoying it! How I became a book blogger is simple: Well firstly I read a lot (duh!) and I was looking for a way to translate my enjoyment of books into a written and more practical form and I came across blogger and immediately the idea sparked “Why not make a book blog?”

So far what’s the hardest part of blogging?
Hmm...well I guess it’s the time management such as posting reviews at specific times, checking emails for review requests, replying back to each comment, Following arrays of different book blogs. Yet despite this I quite enjoy doing all these things and they definitely keep me busy.

Tell us more about the genres you read...Is there one that you won’t read?
I read almost anything that is Young Adult! Although I don’t really read much romance. I don’t read non-fiction with a slight exception of Greek Mythology because that stuff is really interesting! I especially love Historical Fiction, it’s just interesting learning about different civilizations

How many followers do you have? How often do you post to your blog? How can people follow you?
Well my blog’s pretty new but at this time current point of time 155 followers and 13 Facebook Likes! So, yea not much but have only been blogging for a very short amount of time. I hope to get more soon! I post about every 3-4 days but at minimum at least once in a week- whether that be a long review or an intriguing question. People can follow me through GFC (Google Friend Connect) and Facebook!


I like your blog name, tell us how you came up with "Possession of Books".
Thank you and glad you do. Well I actually spent a while thinking of names, jotting down a whole list until I crossed various ones off and well this one was the only one left! I tried to make it unique as possible but at the same time having the word ‘Books’ in it somewhere.

Who are your three favourite authors?
In no particular order:
1. Lauren Oliver- She’s brilliant writer and her words flow together so smoothly, I am constantly in awe in the way she writes
2. Veronica Roth- Her plots and writing are also magnificent and her characters are just so perfect!
3. Cassandra Clare- Her books make me read all through the morning and her novels have so many twists and turns that they keep me hooked!

Which author would you most like to meet (dead or alive)? Tell us more...
J.K Rowling! She shaped my childhood with Harry Potter and meeting her in person would be awesome. She’s just so inspirational and she allowed a whole new generation to enjoy her great books.

How big is your TBR pile? How many books do you read/review in a month?
Only about 40 novels and the amount of books I read change a lot depending on how busy I am but I try to read at least 5 per month and review them on my blog

Finally, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
That’s a really hard question. I’m not actually sure but maybe something like “The interesting yet boring life of Alex” Great question!

On A Personal Note
Here’s some quick facts about me:
- I live in Australia
- I play tennis and have been for quite awhile
- I’m one of those people who talk a lot even when someone says to be quiet

Thanks so much for having me on your blog and wish you all the best of luck and make sure you visit me here:  http://possessionofbooks.blogspot.com.au/



Are you interested in being featured "In the Spotlight"? Please stop by and fill on contact form.

1 comments:

emaginette said... Best Blogger Tips

You are well on your way. :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.