Her Wicked Ways by Darcy Burke

Her Wicked Ways
by Darcy Burke
Publisher: Indie Pub/Intrepid Reads
Release date: May 6, 2012
ISBN 13: 978-0-9854558-0-4 / ISBN 10:0985455802


SHE WAS HIS SAVIOR

Banished from London for her reckless behavior, Lady Miranda Sinclair is robbed by a dashing highwayman en route to the country. By offering him a kiss in lieu of the jewels she had to leave behind, she commits the very type of act that caused her exile. When her dour guardians extend her punishment to performing charitable work at the local orphanage, she’s further tempted by the home’s owner, a provincial gentleman who stirs her passion in a most wicked way...

HE WAS HER DOWNFALL

Desperate to save his orphanage from financial catastrophe, Montgomery "Fox" Foxcroft leads a double life as a highwayman. The arrival of wealthy, well-connected Miranda, whose kiss he can’t forget, presents a lawful opportunity to increase his coffers. His problems seem solved—until she rejects his suit. Out of options and falling for the heiress, Fox must risk what principles he has left and take advantage of her wicked ways—even if it ruins them both.

My Thoughts:
What a wonderful debut! Darcy Burke has written a highly entertaining book. I honestly read this in less than 12 hours.  The story grabs you right from the start and it doesn't let you go.

My first impression of Miranda~ what a spoiled brat.  I wasn't sure if I would warm up to her. I did feel sorry for her as she was ignored and punished from equally self centered parents. I got the impression she acted out in her rebellious ways to gain their attention and their love, but in the end her parents exiled her to Wiltshire. She was also given strict instructions that she would not participate in any social gatherings as punishment. Her parents sent her there in order to better herself and return to London a regretful and rehabilitated young woman. On her way to the country, her entourage is stopped by a highwayman, bold as she is, when asked for her valuables she said she "had nothing, save a kiss.”  To pass the time, she helped her cousin, Beatrice, at Stipple's End, an orphanage.

Montgomery Foxcroft "Fox" is running low of money, he inherited a mortgaged estate and a nearly destitute orphanage, from a father who gambled it away. It was not easy for him, but he resorts to being a highwayman to raise the money for the orphanage which is desperately in needs of repairs. 

The match between Fox and Miranda couldn't have been more perfect. Him with his big heart and her with her rich society ways. It was enjoyable watching how Miranda grew to love the children in the orphanage. At first she was skittish of combing a young boys hair with lice, and soon she involved herself in chores and tasks without a second thought. She did what needed to be done, she rolled up her sleeves and pitched in. 

The pages sizzle with sexual tension, and the love scenes burn up the pages.  How can you not swoon when you read this....

“Miranda. I have loved you for so long. I can barely remember a time when I didn’t. Not for your money. Or your beauty. For you.”
I am so thankful that I found this author, what a talented writer, if you haven't read Darcy's historical novels you are missing out.  I can't wait to read Jasper's story, his selfless act that eventually leads to the happiness of Miranda and Fox. I think I am already a bit in love with Jasper..

Thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of this ebook!

My Rating:
                      
If you loved reading my review of  Her Wicked Ways, come back tomorrow  as Darcy Burke stops by Forever Book Lover for some Q & A's.. 


She will be giving away an ebook copy of Her Wicked Ways and His Wicked Heart to two lucky commenters.  Don't miss you chance!!


More from Darcy....

          

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

What an exciting review, it definitely makes me want to read that book which is also the kind of story I like to read, so one more to add to my pile, thanks Kat, see you tomorrow then !!

Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥ said... Best Blogger Tips

@BlackTulipI know you will like this and the entire series. Thanks for commenting and see you back tomorrow!

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.