In the Spotlight ~ Curse of the Bibliophile

This month is flying by, I can't believe it is time for "In the Spotlight".  Today we are joined by Katie from Curse of the Bibliophile.
If you haven't stopped by and visited her blog, take a few moments to do so... the graphics are unique and very whimsical.

Welcome Katie..

When and how did you decide to become a book blogger?
I actually started thinking about it around January last year. That was when I started checking out all of these great blogs and came across some amazing book blogs. I really wanted to start one because I love to talk about my books, but I didn’t know many people personally who shared my passion, except for my best friend of course. However I really wasn’t sure how to start one and even then I didn’t think many people would actually want to see my blog. Weird as it is the thing that got me to finally start my blog was a Manga that I had read called “KOKO NI IRU YO!” in short it was about a girl who started a blog about something she was passionate about and even though she didn’t have many followers she was still happy and put her whole heart into what she did. This is kind of silly I know, but after reading that I decided I would do my best and create a blog to celebrate the thing I was passionate about books.

What’s the hardest part of being a book blogger?
Staying in touch with all of my lovely followers. I really want to keep up with everyone and try hard to do just that after all its because of them that I came this far.

How many followers do you have? How long did it take to rise to that level?
I have 111 followers at the moment and it took me about 6 months to make it this far.
How do you keep in touch with your followers? Any tips?
I don't really have any tips, but I try to visit at least a few of my followers blogs everyday and also participate in a few memes to interact with everyone like Waiting on Wednesday, It’s Monday What are You Reading?, and Swoon Worthy Saturday where I post romantic quotes from some of my favorite books. 

Your blog name is very unique, please tell us how the name " Curse of the Bibliophile' came about?
I decided on the name Curse of the Bibliophile partly because I love paranormal romance books and wanted something a bit different and dark. Another reason I decided on this was becuase even though I love books it can be a curse sometimes when I get a bit obsessive over my favorites and pull all nighters to finish them.

How do you write a review for a book not to your liking?
I personally believe that there is value in all books, even if they are not great or to my personal liking, and even though one book may not be that great to me it may be the next all time favorite for another person. So when writing a review for a book that I may not have enjoyed I will say what about it I didn’t enjoy (never any degrading or nasty comments about it of course), but also address many of its good points and what I did like about the book.

Which author would you most like to meet (dead or alive)? Tell us more..
I would love to meet Colleen Houck she is one of my favorite authors of all time. She is the author of the Tiger’s Curse Saga. I enjoy many books, but it takes a lot to make me all out crazy about a book and I am definitely crazy about this series.

How big is your TBR pile? How many books do you read/review in a month?
It varies depending on the month and length of the books I read, but I think I read/review about 20 books in a month sometimes more sometimes less. My TBR pile is about 20 review copies and over a hundred personal ones.

Finally, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
The Life of a Book Lover and Die Hard Romantic

On a Personal Note
Hi,
I’m Katie I am a confirmed bibliophile who reads almost any chance I get. I am also a diehard romantic so almost every book I review on this blog will be some type of romance.

Random FactsThe first book I ever really got into was Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix. Yes I read the Order of the Pheonix before any of the other books in the series and then read the first one onward (don’t ask why I am really weird).

Favorite Food: Strawberries and bacon(not together) yummy

Favorite type of music: I have an eclectic taste in music, but I do love the band Daughtry and Three Days Grace.

Movies: I love scary movies, but my favorites tend to be the older ones because recently it has all just been gore though there were a few good ones.

I adore Fairytale retellings and Beauty and the Beast themed books and here are a couple of my recent favorites:
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Tiger’s Curse Saga by Colleen Houck (All time favorite book)

Favorite Authors:
Christine Feehan
Colleen Houck
Jayne Ann Krentz (Jayne Castle)
Catherine Anderson

Are you interested in being featured "In the Spotlight", stop by and fill out the contact form.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.