In the Spotlight ~ Sweet Southern Home

This feature has become very popular amongst my followers. I just love learning about new blogs and meeting new people. This week, I spotlight Carrie from Sweet Southern Home!!

Thanks so much for featuring me! Here are the answers to my interview questions. Please let me know if you need anything else!

Welcome from a fellow southerner, your blog name is very catchy, tell us about the name ' Sweet Southern Home' and why you chose it.
When I decided to start a blog, I knew I would not want to limit myself to just one specific topic. I wanted to blog about everything that makes my life and my home, "sweet". I am now primarily a book blogger but occasionally will post about other topics such as food or parenting!

When and how did you decide to become a book blogger?
At the beginning of this year, I told myself that I would become more dedicated to blogging and try to post everyday (except for weekends). I had just started getting into reading seriously again, and when I found the great community of bloggers, publishers, and authors, I knew I had to get into book blogging.

So far, what’s the hardest part of being a book blogger?
First of all, I never feel like I'm reading quite enough! Right now I'm posting reviews twice a week but I know some bloggers do a lot more than that. Secondly, I wish I knew how to get more comments on my blog.



What do you do when you are not blogging?
I can be found spending time playing with my 3 year old son, Nate, or watching series on Netflix with my hubby (we're watching Supernatural now...he wonders why I want to watch it even though I am usually a big chicken for those types of shows :D). I also love getting creative in the kitchen with my cooking and baking--Pinterest is a big help with that!

What do you do that you feel is unique to your blog site?
As I said, not only do I do book reviews, tours, and memes...I also like posting about other topics! I sometimes post about my adventures in the kitchen, and I love reviewing products other than books.

How many followers do you have? How often do you post to your blog?
I try to post every weekday. Right now I have over 1100 Facebook followers, over 200 Twitter followers, and over 400 followers of my blog itself ( I am on Wordpress, so I don't have GFC ).

Who are your three favorite authors?
I have loved every single thing I have read from Richelle Mead, Rick Riordan, and Kami Garcia.

Which author would you most like to meet (dead or alive)? Tell us more..
I would have loved to meet Oscar Wilde. He is just so clever, and I love the way his jokes are sometimes so subtly funny you don't know what hit you. I know he would keep me in stitches.

How big is your TBR pile? How many books do you read/review in a month?
I probably have close to 150 books in my TBR pile! There is never enough time to read as much as I wish I could. I try to read between 10-15 books a month, and I review everything I read.

Finally, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
"Blessed Beyond Belief." I have definitely had some hard times and disasters in my life, but i am so happy with where I am now. I am so lucky to have my loving, supportive husband, and my son who makes me so happy every day.
 
On A Personal Note
My name is Carrie, I'm 26, and I'm a stay at home wife and mom to a silly, lovable 3 year old boy. I have a lifelong love of books, and I enjoy getting the word out there about awesome books and authors. I was born and raised in Louisiana, and I am definitely a Southern Belle--welcome to my Sweet Southern Home :)


Are you interested in being featured "In the Spotlight", stop by and fill out the contact form.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.