In the Spotlight ~ "Another Author"


It Wednesday, so it is another addition of "In the Spotlight", where I invite a fellow blogger over to answer a few questions. Today we are being joined by Abhishek from 'Another Author'.

I met Abhisnek from Book Blogs. Thanks so much for going us today!!



Tell us a little about your blog and about your blog name, Another Author.
The blog Another Author is about books, book reviews, authors, creative writing, plots and other finer aspects of literature. After reading quite a good number of books, I felt I can tell a story or two well, I wanted to become an Author too *though I am still trying hard*. Actually I felt becoming an Author is like becoming a prince. So the blog-url says becomingprince.blogspot.com and was earlier known by the name Becoming Prince. Later on, I rechristened it as Another Author.

When and how did you decide to become a book blogger?
From childhood I was interested in making a show, living in spot-light all the time. When I was in college I needed a reason to improve my writing skills and I tried many a things like essay writing, flash fiction writing and then decided blogging is the best thing I can opt for. Why blogging? Simple you have an awesome support group read the entire Blog-O-Sphere* to keep you motivated. What to blog upon? Books for they were and are my best buddies.


What’s the hardest part of being a book blogger?
I have issues with blogging frequency. The world of book blogging is awesome. You can read a lot, know a lot, sing-up a lot and take part in number of blog-hops, flash-fiction challenges and a lot more.

The other issue my readers point out is, I am into military books alone. And most of books are of the by-gone era. I think it would be great if I am into all genres.

This is a multiple question: How many followers do you have? How did your blog get so popular? How long did it take to rise to that level?
My blog has 150 and odd followers right now. When I started blogging, I thought it would be enough if I write. I thought nothing else mattered. But again, you require inspiration, you want some encouragement and so on.

So I started signing up for blog-hops, flash-fiction-challenges, weekly-writing-prompts and so on. They made my writing better, blogging periodical *though I still have issues with grammar*. The blog rose itself to this level by the grace of god and by the support of Blog-O-Sphere.

Who are your three favorite authors?
Matthew Reilly, C. S. Lewis & Dan Brown

Any words of wisdom to new bloggers?
Any blogger, in case you want to be popular, you must start learning. I am a cook too. I used to cook as a teen-ager. I am now 22 and still cook the same few dishes. Doesn't sound good right? No hotel would be ready to hire me right? The same way, as long as you keep learning the art of blogging, the art of communicating,... blogging would be fun. So learn as much as you can.

Which author would you most like to meet (dead or alive)? Tell us more..
Matthew Reilly. I clearly don't know why I choose Matthew Reilly as the answer. But I am a die-hard fan of him. His military novels aren't just a bunch of fast moving thrillers. I can actually co-relate myself to the characters. I kind of love that.

How big is your TBR pile? How many books do you read/review in a month?
My TBR pile is extra huge. I shop for second hand books every month as soon as I receive my pay cheque. Currently I have ten books, I brought recently to be read. There are a lot more. I read about five or six books a month and review at-least three of them.

Finally, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
I think, it must be titled Another Author for I want to be a world famous author myself someday. Story of OldMan would be my second preference. OldMan is my nick-name.


On a Personal Note:
My name is Abhishek Boinapalli. 
I am a little of Author, Military Frantic, Blogger, Programmer, Human, Dreamer, Talker, Planner, Chatter-box, Glutton, Believer, Bachelor, ...

 Twitter

Dear Kat,
I am so glad to be a part of SPOTLIGHT. Thanks again!!
With warm regards,

Abhishek Boinapalli



Thanks for stopping by and being "In the Spotlight".


Are you interested in being featured "In the Spotlight", stop by and fill on contact form.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.