In the Spotlight ~ Nette's Bookshelf Reviews

Today we are joined by Nette from Nette's Bookshelf Reviews.

Here's a bit about Nette: 
" I have a profound love of books and you can find me most of the time-if not at Peet's or Starbucks or my neighborhood coffee house-at the library or a book store. Aside from reading I enjoy cooking and baking and as my three boys (four counting my husband) like to put it "ruining their fun with my rules and regulations!" I'm a die-hard football fan and a soccer mom. Yes, I have a busy life but I love it! All I need in my life are my books, my boys, my blog and a good cup of coffee-or two! " 

Welcome Nette!!

When and how did you decide to become a book blogger?
I’ve been blogging consistently/publicly for about a month now (I’m a blog baby!) I have a personal blog that I created about a year ago where I rant or vent about my home life with three crazy boys and an even crazier husband!

So far, what’s the hardest part of being a book blogger?
Well for me that hardest part is finding the time to read all the books! I’ve been approached by a few authors to review their work and I want to give it their due justice but with the upcoming tours I’m participating in and my home life....time is definitely a commodity! I also want to be taken seriously, so I make sure my reviews reflect MY feelings/thoughts/opinions. I’m not the type to sugarcoat or be nice for fear of hurting someone’s feelings. And sometimes, getting my thoughts onto the “paper” is a challenge because I have so many at once!

What do you do when you are not blogging?
When I’m not blogging, I’m at work (although you can catch me blogging at work sometimes!) And doing the mom thing. I have time for nothing else...except laundry, dishes, house cleanig, grocery shopping, playing referee...you get the idea. 

I love the header on your blog. Tell us how you went about choosing it.
I wanted my header to reflect the name of my site. I certainly didn’t want a bookshelf to represent it so I set out to find an avatar that I liked. I only picked the avatar, the rest of it I give credit to Blogovation Designs. She did an awesome job considering I only told her what colors I wanted it to be. 

What genre(s) do you read, can you tell us what is it about the genre(s) that grabs your interest?
I read all genre’s but my favorite genres to read are romance and paranormal. If you put the two together...even better! I like reading romance because I like the excitement of new love and watching a relationship grow...kinda reminds me of me and my hubbs sometimes (depending on the book) I like paranormal because I’ve always loved anything vampire, witch or ghostly. I’m not too much into zombies but I may be persuaded if I find the right book. 

Who are your three favorite authors?
Deborah Harkness
Jeaniene Frost
Kresley Cole

Which author would you most like to meet (dead or alive)? Tell us more..
Well I’ve already gotten to meet #1 in question 6 (exciting I know! I was so unbelievably nervous!) I would definitely want to me Jeaniene Frost, simply for the Night Huntress series. I found those novels to be sooo funny at times and she knows how to write a love scene! If you haven’t read the series, you need to in order to get what I’m saying about that. I picture her to have a sarcastic sense of humor and I’d just like to get to know her.

How big is your TBR pile? How many books do you read/review in a month?
My TBR list is pretty big...although I’m guilty of not updating on goodreads all the time. I have a written list that I add to when I see or hear about a book that intrigues me. At the moment there are 35 books on that list. Well right now I’ve got 7 books that I need to read and review. 

Finally, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
She came, She conquered, She left.
It may seem generic but it fits me to a tee. In my quiet moments when I say to myself “I’m going to do...x, y & z) I do it and I do it big. I’m very determined and will not stop until I get what I want. I’m also known to “hit the ground running” I’m always ready to go, up for the next adventure. 

On A Personal Note

Half Italian and Half Filipino, I’m a California native with a love of all things beachy and outdoor. I have one dog, three fish and one cat along with three handsomely devilish boys. I LOVE football, the American and European kind and yes, I’m that crazy soccer mom who’s yelling on the sidelines.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.